It's the start of the new year and no doubt you already planning some events and meetings whether for internal purposes or to impress clients. Our cur
It’s the start of the new year and no doubt you already planning some events and meetings whether for internal purposes or to impress clients. Our current favourite recommendation is Hamburg.
With a range of successful start-up businesses originating in Hamburg- you might recognise XING, Jimdo, myTaxi and Protonet, as well as huge investments in the cities such as the opening of the new Elbphilharmonie philharmonic hall -Germany’s second city starting to shine in its own right, especially for businesses. Don’t forget that businesses such as Nivea, Hansaplast, Montblanc & Airbus were all created in the city!
Hamburg has four railway stations, a coach station, an international airport and a cruise terminal so it’s never been easier to make the trip.
Businesses who appreciate good design and architectural firms will no doubt take great pleasure in seeing the design of the city, from the new hall which is a ‘rolling wave’ in homage to Hamburg’s world-famous harbour on the edge of the River Elbe (handily the venue is also home to the Hotel Westin – positioned perfectly as an ideal event and venue destination!)
Things to do
- Take a break from the events or meetings and head out on the St Pauli walking tour in the evening for 2 1/2 hours
- Take a trip to the park Planten un Blomen – Great place to get an ice cream in the summer or enjoy some ice skating in the winter!
- If you are a fan of chocolate you would be mad to miss Chocoversum by Hachez, the group tour that shows you just how chocolate is made!
- Visit the Elbphilharmonie philharmonic hall which officially opened on 11 January- taking in the views of Hamburg’s skyline
Where to stay
- Westin Hotel (244 room 5*) – eight conference rooms as well as a panoramic view of the city and harbour.
- Fontenay (131 rooms, 5*), offering breathtaking views of the city’s famous Alster Lake and located in its own private park designed by Hamburg-born star architect Jan Störmer Sir Nikolai Hotel (94 rooms) is a 19th-century mansion is set to ‘bring a new kind of cool to Hamburg’. It is situated between Altstadt (Old Town), the city’s cultural nucleus, and Speicherstadt to the south, Hamburg’s historical quarter and UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Sir Nikolai Hotel (94 rooms) – A 19th-century mansion situated between Altstadt (Old Town) and Speicherstadt Hamburg’s historical quarter
- Hampton by Hilton (161 rooms, 4*)
- Courtyard by Marriott (277 rooms, 4*)
- Hotel Stadthofe (130 rooms, 4* superior)
- Adina Apartment Hotel (202 rooms, 4*)
- Holiday Inn Hamburg – City Nord (297 rooms, 4*)
- Grand City Hotel Hamburg Mitte (250 rooms, 3*)
- Novum Style Hotel City East (100 rooms, 3*)
- Ruby Hotel (298 rooms)
What are your top tips for a trip to Hamburg? Don’t forget to tell us and we’ll update the post with any new information!