Launches News: Verizon Launches Experience Rewards Programme Verizon - known as America's most reliable wireless network has launched a brand new re
Launches News: Verizon Launches Experience Rewards Programme
Verizon – known as America’s most reliable wireless network has launched a brand new reward programme ‘Verizon Up’ – moving away from points based rewards into experiences. The company is launching Up with exclusive Lady Gaga experiences.
Stating that “Verizon Up is all about experiences that are meant to be shared, tweeted and posted”, there are four types of rewards to choose from:
- Everyday Rewards: Free services and discounts from brands such as Amazon, Headspace & Boxed
- Verizon Rewards – Bank up to $10 towards the next Verizon device purchase
- Super Tickets: Access to events in sports, music and entertainment such as NFL and Broadway shows
- Dream Tickets: once-in-a-lifetime experiences such as tickets to NFL events including Kickoff in New England, 2018 Pro Bowl and Super Bowl LII.
Verizon were keen to distance their programme from others in the market.
“We spent a lot of time speaking to customers who were telling us they were frustrated with existing reward programs on the market,” said Diego Scotti, Chief Marketing Officer, Verizon. “They didn’t want to spend time tracking or accumulating thousands of points in exchange for trivial items. They wanted rewards that have real value and were rooted in experiences,” said Scotti. “That’s how Verizon Up came to life, it’s digital only, simple to use, rewards are constant and relevant, and it connects you with brands and access to experiences you know and love.”
For every $300 spent on your Verizon Wireless bill, customers earn one credit that can be redeemed for rewards and experiences. One credit equals one reward, and as soon as it is earned, it can be spent. Customers can select exciting rewards from partners such as:
- Apple Music: 4 months free for new subscribers and existing subscribers receive an extra month free
- JetBlue: 20% off R/T flight and 1,000 TrueBlue loyalty points
- HBO NOW: first 3 months of a subscription
This is an interesting turn for the provider, and with its Oath subsidiary houses of more than 50 media and technology brands that engage about 1 billion people around the world, this could be one reward programme to really watch and learn from.
Incentive and Motivation offers the latest news in employee benefits, rewards, incentive programmes and recognition. Discover the best employee engagement platform, learn about communicating your incentives or the latest tech in the HR space. Popular posts:
- Understanding motivation and incentives in the workplace
- How to align incentives with your business goals
- The importance of incentives
- Using incentives to win new business
- Creative rewards for employees
- Rewarding employees without cash
- How to reward employees for a job well done
- Rewarding in a global business
- Employee incentive program examples